Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Store This


 

My phone rang between games on Sunday.

Generally, my rule is I don't pick up if I don't know who it is. But I had a feeling who it was and what it was about. And I knew if I answered it, my mood would turn very sour.

We've been in our new apartment for eight days.

Eight.

Yet I knew -- I just knew -- that loading the storage area in the basement would be a sticking point. Especially if we didn't do it appropriately.

I harped on that as we moved in but, with time being short, the basement became a spot to leave stuff.

Thus, I knew that when my phone rang on Sunday, followed by subsequent texts as I drove home, that I was about to get grief about the basement.

Yep.

My response was exactly what you might expect. 

We -- all of us -- busted our tails to complete that move. Literally every part of me (and Sean) ached for days after.

So I admit that I'm a bit grumpy about the basement, considering we were willing to move in on Saturday and Sunday, the 29th and 30th.

But! Harrumph harrumph! The apartment must be cleaned! Painted! Fumigated!

(Narrator: None of that happened)

Thus, as you know, the move didn't begin until 5 a.m. on Monday, July 1. I know for a fact the apartment sat empty on Sunday, June 30th.

The point is, had we been able to start moving in on the 29th and 30th, we could have organized things much better. We would have had more time with our moving team.

Oh, I had some other gripes ready just in case playing that game was really necessary but I noticed things calmed down.

Anyway, Sean and I went down to the basement this morning and went through everything. We moved and carried and dumped. We took some things upstairs into the apartment. We worked our hard.

When it was done, we both felt good. 

Even if we're both exhausted and in pain again.

My thinking is that should be the last of this topic. I would frankly prefer that (and recommend it).

I will say there is some audio equipment and older toys that are available. Ask if interested. We'd love to see things go to a good home.

Tonight's baseball broadcasts ought to be interesting. The first game is at 5:30 on Robcasting.

Also, this beats writing in a rest area on the Merritt Parkway at 11:45 p.m.

Did I mention we've just moved in?

No comments: