Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Let's Move On

 

Visted Danbury today and saw that Newtown banner.
I called that state championship game in 2014

I admitted today on social media that a certain person and situation have been gnawing at me.

I tried to address it to a couple of friends last night and I'm not sure my message was received.

But this kind of stuff messes with my mental health and I felt I needed to say it.

Look, I'm in a weakened state because of nearly two solid weeks of baseball broadcasts with 28.5* since July 6th. Don't get me wrong. I've loved it but as I always say it's a grind.

Plus the move and stress of that, along with the complaining about the basement (which is currently calmed down).

*I should be calling number 30 tomorrow but the weather made officials decide to put one game at one field at Oxford and the other on the other field in the same park. They were both played at the same time. So, while I didn't do play-by-play of Hudson/Winchester, I stood maybe 500 feet from the field and described everything that I saw.

So this has been a grind of standing and sitting and having a sore back. Of setting up and breaking down every day.

It's been a grind of blazing sun and real feel temperatures of over 100. It's further been a grind of worrying about the weather and how it will impact the equipment.

It's been a mental grind. I don't just talk for 2-plus hours. I put my heart and soul into every pitch and every story.

I'm as prepared as anyone but I lament every mistake, getting frustrated when I stumble over words.

Beyond that, I'm exhausted with "opportunities." Perhaps I've mentioned but I have several carrots that have been dangled in front of me. Like a fool, I've engaged and pursued each one.

Then? Nothing. I have to figure out how to pay for this apartment and keep living a little bit of a life. In all likelihood, I'm not going away anytime soon and, yeah, that's very disappointing, considering my schedule will likely get nuts again in September.

I keep stupidly believing one of these gigs will come to be. Yet, I should know better. Fool me once, fool me twice, and so on.

I can't keep going like this much longer. I've asked for a home base. I've literally begged for some things to change.

And? Nothing.

So take this and add in the other stuff and it's a lot.

Anyway, this coming off like I'm whining and feeling sorry for myself.

I'm not.

I'm just reminding you to check on loved ones. Mental health is no joke.

The championship game of the Cal Ripken 11U New England Regional is tomorrow at 2pm between Easton and Winchester, MA. The winner tomorrow moves into ply in the World Series in Florence, AL.

I'm proud to be on the call.

No comments: