Sunday, January 24, 2021

Mind if I sit this one out?

 


It's been a long day of football around the house.

I've done some cleaning. The dining room literally had enough space for me to sit at the table and eat meals...until yesterday. I moved everything that had been sitting there since just after Mom died.

I didn't really throw stuff out. Just cleaned it up and organized it.

Then I spent some time today assessing my own stuff. Again, not much throwing out but actually figuring out what I have to do.

I was aggressively doing stuff around the house when she first passed, in part to take my mind off of everything. Eventually, I slowed down a little bit, though it has still been constantly on my mind.

I've moved stuff around and just tried to keep things going here.

But, after another night of so-so sleep, I found myself stretching out on the couch in the afternoon. A little Sunday snooze might be in the cards after making some lunch.

Rascal decided that the fleece blanket I put over me looked too comfortable, so he jumped up and planted himself on it.

And we stayed like that...

For five hours.

I didn't sleep for all five hours. But, for the most part, Rascal did.

I didn't order a pizza (I was thinking pizza for the football games sounded cool) because I didn't want to interrupt him.

I didn't move, despite my hips aching.

Mostly, it was nice. It was as if someone had been texting Rascal to tell him to stay on top of me and make me relax.

That's not something I do a lot of.

So I stayed on the couch, watched the first game, tweeted a little, encountered more nonsense, and dealt with it. 

OK, since some have asked, let me tell you what #Gsense is.

It's named for a Twitter user who has his own take on sports. You know the type: the 2020 baseball season wasn't real, etc.

The problem is when you post things publicly (or host a talk show) you open yourself to scrutiny. If you think you're a professional sports media person (writer, broadcaster, public figure) then you have to deal with the responses.

Certain takes will elicit a response.

Heck, in social media, if you post something, it can be open to a reply.

As I've said before, you can ignore it or respond. It's also why I pick my fights.

So #Gsense was created in his honor. It's a form of nonsense, though there's honestly a lot more to it.

He posts things and I've disputed them. So has Shawn Sailer and, apparently, others. If he doesn't like it, he hides what you've written.

Say what you want about Kato, but he debates and I do respect that.

It's all rather ludicrous.

There's no great retribution here on my end. I keep hoping it's all in good fun, but I fear that message isn't quite getting there. 

So, since you've asked, there it is. #Gsense equals nonsense (though there's more to the creation of the hashtag). I'm sure he's a nice guy, and I wish him well in the pursuit of his own social media Utopia.

Anyway, I thought I might just sit this one out tonight. Now, I'm going to bed. It's back to "podcastorama" tomorrow.

No comments: