Thursday, January 21, 2021

I hate when I get like that



I flipped my lid this afternoon.

And it happened on the air.

And I absolutely detest it. It embarrasses me.

Oh, I don't mind being passionate. But I can feel this inner blushing going on (it's still going on).

The minute I saw the latest coaching hire in the NFL, I knew what would happen.

Sadly, it happened during my show and I snapped.

Why do we lack the ability to be better?

Yes, Eric Bieniemy of the Chiefs should get a head coaching gig if he wants one. No question.

But we need to stop further dividing people with the same rhetoric.

I'm sure my outburst was a result of holding things in all week. I've tried to stay above it. I've tried to ignore and not respond to anything.

I just tried to work but even that wasn't easy since my job today fell through.

"Be ready at 9 a.m.," I was told.

So, I was up early (earlier than I needed to be) and was sitting at the computer at 9:00.

Then 9:15 went by.

Then 9:20.

Then 9:30...9:45...and, finally, 9:55 before I said something.

Nobody was in the Zoom meeting.

Nobody bothered to tell me the job had been canceled.

So, don't get me wrong, the balance of the day was great, but I was clearly pent up.

Or maybe I was mad at my horse for coming in fourth last night in West Virginia.

Nah, not really. Despite finding my inner Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady, saying, "Come on, Dover!" I really enjoyed watching Carter's Run. Yeah, he came in fourth and I joked about sending him to the glue factory, but I actually got a huge thrill watching the big chestnut run.

Go get 'em next time.

I suggested to someone that I shouldn't do a talk show anymore and that was quickly rebuffed.

So I'll go get 'em next time as well, feeling wounded like I just came in last in the race.

Which I probably did.

No comments: