Monday, January 18, 2021

Frivolous cat pictures

 


Like you, I'm ready to move forward.

Given my life doesn't really allow me to avoid social media (with the whole "having to keep up with the world" thing), I can try to lay low this week.

But, I know the truth.

I just want to get through the inauguration. Be done with whatever this was.

I don't care at this point, so long as we begin to unite again.

The point of this post is literally a couple of cat pictures. While it might seem lazy, I'm doing it because I just finished a day of podcasts and other audio projects (such as "Doubleheader"). I have to be up to start work at 6 a.m. tomorrow.

More than that, I want this post to be something positive in a time that isn't quite so happy-go-lucky.

I'm truly pleased that Rascal has become somewhat attached to me. I know that was the goal of those who pushed me to take him after Mom died last September. He has kept me company during the weeks when Sean isn't here.

He runs after me in the hallway when he thinks I might be going to bed. Generally, he spends most of the night curled up nearby.

He tends to sit in the office with me while I work.

He's started doing this thing where he cries to me before he tries to climb into the very office chair that I'm sitting in right now. Then there's a solid chance he will fall asleep or climb off to stand on a nearby table to seek more attention.

Sound asleep as I was trying to prepare for "Doubleheader" today

He made an appearance on the Facebook feed of "Doubleheader" today. He also decided that he needed to be a part of the most recent recording session for "The Owners' Box Horse Racing Podcast."


He was trying to reach for the audio wave as it went by on the screen.

Oh, we interviewed a jockey/MMA fighter named Chel-C Bailey for this week's show. It will hit probably tomorrow with an official release on Wednesday. Her answer on how she has been treated as a female jockey should be mandatory listening, and I admitted to her that I absolutely loved it. You'll have to listen to understand (found where fine podcasts are heard).

Anyway, quick aside...er...aside, this next picture cracked me up about Rascal, so named because 1) that's the mascot name for the Renegades and, sure, 2) he's a rascal. Now, the Renegades play baseball, correct?


That's his baseball. Really. He stole it from me one day when I was in the office. I'm guilty of often keeping a baseball nearby because it serves as a stress/thinking ball. 

So this baseball -- found at Brunswick, if I recall, just prior to the pandemic -- is now his. You'll occasionally hear him rolling it around.

What could be better suited for this house?

So as we hit this week, I hope a few pictures of a goofy cat named Rascal brings a smile to your face. 

If that doesn't work for you, then how about a mashup of Huey Lewis and the News and Metallica (and, by extension, Mariano Rivera)?

No comments: