Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Screen. Pass.

 


I had to get a cat.

Had to.

Remember a week ago when I posted pictures of (appropriately named) Rascal as I asked for help fixing an external USB hard drive?

So I got a few suggestions and decided to go with a SATA to USB adapter that would supposedly help me achieve exactly what I wanted to do.

I got the cable tonight and plugged it in.

My computer recognized it.

It recognized the cable, that is.

What it did not recognize was the hard drive itself. So, Houston, we still have a problem.

Mr. Rascal felt a need to hang out nearby as this was going on, which is quite usual for him.

However...

Nearby is a window, looking out over the driveway. Rascal felt the need to climb in the window, which is always nice to see.

However...

He spied something. A bird. A bug. I'm not sure.

He stood on his hind legs.

I got him out of the window with no damage and got him out of the room. Problem solved.

How...

Ever...

He returned, climbed back in the window and, before I could reach for him, did the same thing, producing the rip that you see.

Further thoughts about the cat or life shall not be passed along at this point, except to say I'm pretty pissed off about everything.

The hard drive.

The computer.

The cat.

Life. 

Ev...

Ery...

Thing.

It hadn't been a bad day. I promise.

Peace out, y'all. We'll try again tomorrow.

(The cat and I will make up. Eventually.)

No comments: