Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The Perfect Selfies, Nancy Style

When a cat climbs in front of you (North Carolina, 2018?)...

 My mother was anything but tech savvy. 

There was nearly a daily diet of concerns from her for her iPhone, iPad, cable TV box, the house phone, her laptop...

She was never going to pump her own gas (I'm not kidding. She'd go to full-serve first). Oh, speaking of not doing self-serve, it was normally up to me to check her out of any store.

And ordering online? A lot of that also.

You get the idea. Pretty much everything. And if I didn't have the answer for one reason or another, she'd go seek it somewhere else, normally starting with my niece Stephanie.

So her selfie game wasn't always strong, such as in the picture above, as the late Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast -- aka Ghost -- piled on her in North Carolina.


And her mastery of this House Party in April gathering with some family members (right column, second from bottom). Yeah. We got her eyes.


And, well, more of the same here (trust me, it was even worse than that at one point). But we got half a face.

Keep in mind, in each case, Sean and I were maybe 15 feet away. In fact, who do you think got her set up on the video chat?

Part of her charm, of course.

Yet she basically mastered Facebook and a few other things (she never quite got Twitter or Instagram down).

Verizon got her cell phone back today. Her number is no more.

And yet, I still expect a text, telling me that her iPad isn't working.

None of this is real.

Except it is.

I leave you with a few selfies she got right.

For the ID card from Putnam County that she never got (taken in March).


June 24: Wearing "the FREAKING mask!" (her words)


No comments: