Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday: Snow, Work, and Exhaustion

 

On the Taconic State Parkway this morning

I'm tapped out on ideas this week. It's a result of being exhausted.

I continued to do overnights -- four times since Sunday and six times in the past two weeks. Working with people in Singapore, we concluded at 3:30 this morning. By the time I finished up and drove away, it was 3:41 a.m.

I was home at 4:25. So, go to bed, right?

Well...

I had committed to be interviewed by Mixlr at 6 a.m. Mixlr is where I host Robcasting and I've long-supported them, going back to the first iteration of HAN Network, in the days of Hersam Acorn Radio.

Ah, the innocence of 2013. Good times.

I set up for the Zoom call and curled up nearby. I drifted off for a few minutes, then sat down at chatted with Erika from Mixlr (who was based in England).

"What time is it in the US?" she asked. 

"Six a.m.," I responded. 

We talked a little about Robcasting, why I'm on Mixlr and other fascinating topics.

"Get get some sleep," she said as we finished.

So I climbed into bed, passing on my Friday morning WGCH soiree with Tony Savino before remerging a little after 10.

It wasn't a lot of sleep (I know, it's overrated) if you're keeping score.

Besides, I'll talk to Tony on Election night (I'll be part of WGCH's coverage once again). 

That's when I first noticed it was snowing, and sticking in parts of the Hudson Valley.

I had to run Sean back to Fishkill, which is likely the last time I'll have to do that, as he has his own car now. Then it was back to Greenwich.

I worked, left, stopped at the grocery store, and came home.

The snow was gone, which is good, because I have a lawn to mow and leaves to clean.

It will be a cold weekend around the house, unless something changes. Safe to say that Halloween will be rather low-key this year.

And I guess that has to be OK.

It will be a good weekend to read Doc Emrick's book before he comes on The Clubhouse next Wednesday.

Finally, it will be a good weekend to block out the noise and nonsense that will persist into next Tuesday and, sadly, beyond.

Now I hope to sleep -- overrated or otherwise.

No comments: