Friday, April 10, 2020

Remember The Good

These two young bucks called the 2014 FCIAC Football Championship
I'm editing away at various games to run as part of my Robcasting Replay series.

Some have been hits. Some have not.

It's the nature of the beast.

What it has allowed me to do is review some of the work I've been a part of.

I learn things, of course.

Sometimes it brings up some painful memories or I get to hear voices of people who don't talk to me anymore.

But, when I allow myself to listen and enjoy it, I hear some good things.

Some really good things.

And I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the whole product.

I edited the famous girls state championship hockey tie and it reminded me of how Eric Gendron, Jake Zimmer, and Chris Kaelin each donated their time to the broadcast of a girls hockey game involving two teams that weren't located anywhere near our listening area.

I also edited the 2014 FCIAC football championship between Darien and New Canaan (aka the Turkey Bowl). Gendron and Kaelin were again part of the broadcast, with Chris Erway and I working up in the booth.

We all went through hell at times with a lot of the "off the air" stuff (and maybe one day it will be worth telling the war stories) but hearing the actual final product reminded me of just how good it was. That 2014 game had to be pinpoint in terms of the newspapers and the radio working together.

Everyone worked their collective tails off.

A great game helps, of course, and the two that I've mentioned here each had their moments of enormous drama.

These are just two of the games that I plan to play this weekend on Robcasting.

And I'll be able to smile and feel proud of what we accomplished.

No comments: