Monday, April 13, 2020

Cool Things

I can't afford the $40 to see if my name is in it!

I've tried to be patient through all of it.

Obviously COVID-19 has impacted everyone. I haven't called a game since Mar 12 (nor has, basically, anyone else).

So the waiting game has been our thing, and certainly health comes first.

At the same time, I've been chomping at the proverbial bit since last October when I got the word that I was the new Hudson Valley Renegades broadcaster. I think a little about it every day.

There have been some great things to keep me going while the fall turned to winter and then to spring.

I visited Dutchess Stadium just before the pandemic made us all go home (in theory, anyway).

But, last week, things got really real with the ticket office opening up online for single game tickets, as well as the promotional schedule being released.

Get your tickets now at hvrenegades.com.

As I keep saying, it gives a little bit of hope.

But, still, there's a part of me that feels like I'm not really a member of the Gades family just yet, and I know I really need to earn my (raccoon) stripes. I'm certainly dying to do anything for them at this point and, hopefully, I'll do something soon.

And the press release was great. The newspaper pieces were great, though I'm honestly a touch befuddled why one of my own hometown newspaper ignored it. But, so be it.

You know my story at this point, so there's no point in explaining. I've never been jaded. I can still hear a promo or commercial or a game highlight or a show with my voice on it and marvel that I'm still doing this for real.

Heck, I woke up at two in the morning on Sunday to hear me on The Clubhouse on SiriusXM!

So, today, I glanced at The Broadcaster Directories, which is a database loaded with the names of the broadcasters for each team in pro sports, as well as the NCAA. I glanced at it a few times and wondered if it would ever be updated.

I had to go to Google Docs for something else today(one of two projects I'm working on tonight), and in there is a link to the professional baseball directory on Broadcaster 411.

And don't you know there, among the broadcasters of the Tampa Bay Rays organization, sits me.


Pretty cool.

I always wanted to see my name in the Baseball America Directory and the New York-Penn League media guide. I want to see it on the team website.

I want to see my picture and write for the team yearbook or program.

I'm like a kid and it's still all so overwhelming.

I still hope to be in Maryland for the first pitch on June 18, with my good friend Jon sitting six feet apart like we planned months ago. I still have plans to try to make a few road games (Staten Island, Brooklyn, Tri-City, Norwich).

I still hope to have all of you listening and visiting me at the stadium.

And I still hope the Renegades tell me do something soon -- anything -- to SHUT ME UP!

Does anyone want to have a catch -- via social distancing?

No comments: