Monday, October 21, 2019

The Rolling Stone Singer List


I'm keeping this short tonight.

A list of the Greatest Singers of All Time appeared on the interwebs today. The truth: Rolling Stone ran this in 2008.

(Click the picture at the top to see it or visit this tweet)

It's an absolutely embarrassingly awful list.

I mean, I agree with Aretha, but I feel like the whole thing goes down from there.

Karen Carpenter at 94th?

What were the qualifications for this list? Like, how? If it's pop singers, where are Streisand and Sinatra? Is this just the Rolling Stone era (since 1967)?

My mind is completely blown.

Plus, whoever created this version misspelled a bunch of things. Joe Cocker became Joe ****er and that's just hysterical.

Plenty of names are missing. The order is all wrong.

Dylan? Axl Rose? Neil Young? Iggy Pop? How were they invited to the party?

Discuss.

No comments: