Monday, October 14, 2019

Blocked or Rundown

I hate to sound like I'm begging

This is post 287 of 2019.

I've found something to write about virtually every night of this year or come up with a post in some fashion.

The creator of this post-per-day challenge (and my co-conspirator) John Nash recently spoke about being (and I'm paraphrasing) burned out by the #Project365 (ish) concept.

As I frequently write, there are always topics. It's just finding the time and energy to compose it.

So, I get where John is coming from.

For me, I also deal with exhaustion.

I stayed at WGCH until around 7:30 tonight mostly because I was so tired that I was falling asleep. I felt driving would not be the best call until I was up to it.

So, I'm home now, but still tired.

Which, by the way, doesn't mean I'll have a good night's sleep either.

Such is the conundrum.

Tomorrow's challenge will be getting time to write before I go teach at Connecticut School of Broadcasting. I likely won't get home from there until 11:30 p.m.

I'll make it happen somehow.

*****
While we're here tonight, allow me to shamelessly shill.

Plead, even.

At the moment, I have no games on the horizon until next Saturday where Darien visits Greenwich.

So, if you'd like a veteran broadcaster to jump on a broadcast, or to bring his little old Robcasting channel to you, please let me know.

I know, this feels kind of embarrassing, but I also figure what the heck?

Obviously, paid affairs are preferable, but sometimes it also just feels good to get in the booth.

Fall, 2019 has not remotely gone how I expected. I had budgeted for a much larger number of games. Then things changed.

I don't handle time off like this well.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: