Monday, October 28, 2019

Darien/Greenwich and Other Monday Thoughts

I don't have a picture available of the Darien press box. No slight intended.
Audio of the Darien/Greenwich football game has been loaded on the interwebs for your perusal.

I'm proud of the effort of Chris Erway, as well as Damian Andrew and the DAF Media crew. I think I was fine.

I've received several kind reviews after the fact, and I appreciate it.

All the praise goes to Darien for their 27-21 victory.

It looks like I've picked up some games, with a slate of girls soccer Sunday joining the Greenwich/Trinity Catholic-Wright Tech game on Saturday. There are a few other things in the works that I can't get into yet that will make the winter very busy (hopefully).

And I'm still holding a piece of news that I can't reveal yet.

So, we just keep grinding and hope for good things. It means my weekend is shot but that's OK. Plus Sean generally doesn't mind anyway. It's not like the days when he used to have to go with me to games. He's a big boy now.

We'll hang up Friday night and, who knows, maybe he'll ride with me on Saturday.

A note of thanks to Tim Parry, for texting me last night with a kind word that was much-needed. Last night was post number 300 of 2019 and 302 days in a row of posting. Where I've thought maybe the quality of my writing has gone down, he feels just the opposite.

A kind word goes a long way. Thanks to him -- and the myriad others who have commented -- for the boost.

The World Series will be over tomorrow night (in case you were wondering).

Honestly, that's about it for tonight. I've argued enough for one day.

Download Darien/Greenwich football here or stream it below.

No comments: