Thursday, October 17, 2019

I've Got a Secret


I can't explain why, but today was a happy day.

I haven't known a day this happy in some time.

To quote Jim Valvano: "If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day."

I did all of that today. And a lot of it.

It was a full day, I assure you.

Now, before you get too excited, my life hasn't changed. The struggles are still real. We're still trying to figure out day-to-day stuff.

But there's a story to be told, and I can't wait to tell it.

"Don't give up," Coach Valvano said as he faced his final days. "Don't ever give up." That's literally my message tonight.

(I realize Coach Valvano was speaking about his life and the cancer that would eventually take him. I'm in no way comparing myself to him. This isn't about my health, but more so about never giving up on anything you want or believe in.)

So long as you're realistic in what you want, you'll appreciate every piece of the journey.

Details to follow.

No comments: