Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Saturday: Darien/Greenwich Football

Basically, this is what I'm trying to avoid (from the movie The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!)

It's the A-Team plus one.

It's not unfair to say that Saturday will feature the biggest football game of 2019.

I'm not saying it is, but it's close.

Darien and Greenwich -- the last two Class LL football champions in Connecticut -- will meet at Cardinal Stadium in Greenwich.

I'll lead the way with the play-by-play.

Chris Erway will be along with color.

And Damian Andrew will help round out our on-air crew.

The Cardinals have lost their last seven against the Blue Wave, with their most recent victory coming on Sep 20, 2007. Included in those losses is a 29-3 state quarterfinal loss in 2016 and a 31-22 loss in the state championship in 2017 -- both at Boyle Stadium in Stamford.

There's rhetoric on both sides of this matchup.

The crowd will be big.

And the press box would have overflowed, save for some common sense.
The Darien Athletic Foundation has its own broadcasting outlet -- DAF Media -- led by Damian.

The Greenwich Athletic Foundation utilizes Local Live.

WGCH has me. I believe this will be the 15th time I've called Darien/Greenwich.

So, why not combine everyone if its agreeable?

Damian and I talked it over and here we are.

You, the trusty listener/viewer, will get what you've always gotten: a professional broadcast. Adding Damian is a no-brainer because I like him and he brings the Darien angle in.

It will be right down the middle and I'm not sure you'll see a better-produced high school football game this year.

That's the faith I have in Damian and DAF Media, as well as everyone at Local Live.
I also know Damian and Chris will sound great and I'll try to stay out of the way.

So tune in wherever you choose. But, please tune in!

We'll talk to you on Saturday afternoon.  Our radio broadcast will begin at 3:50 p.m.

1 comment:

Postwines1 said...

Nice work Rob, looking forward to the Big Game , glad we have an all star cast in the booth as well as on the field, See you Saturday Go Big Red!