Sunday, January 13, 2019

Then and Now


2007 and 2018
The latest thing on Facebook is to post your first profile picture, and compare that with a more recent picture.

I haven't done it yet, but thought perhaps I could participate by doing so here.


There's an irony in this picture from 2007. I have facial hair in this and, to be clear, I was a compulsive shaver.

Like, daily. It wasn't until several years later that I finally began to back off of my habitual every day shaving and now shave maybe twice a week.

The other main difference was the lack of glasses. I still wore contact lenses at that time -- something I started doing in 1984. In fact, I only needed one lens, having discovered my right eye was nearsighted in the late 70s (the reason I couldn't hit a baseball -- it wasn't just that I was a terrible baseball player).

The other eye began to decline in the 90s. I continued to wear contacts until around 2014, when I finally switched to glasses. Cost had something to do with that.

This picture is from last September, when my niece Laura got married. Sean and I were the primary entertainment (aka "DJs"). I talked. He helped carry stuff, along with setting up and breaking down.

Anyway, that's how I've changed in roughly 11 years.

No comments: