Friday, January 11, 2019

St. Luke's/Brunswick Basketball

Another night, another basketball game. St. Luke's and Brunswick met in Greenwich today, and I was pleased to be on the call.

I'm home, essentially, to sleep, write this post, and get back to Brunswick tomorrow to call the Bruins on the ice as Hoosac comes to town.

There's a responsibility that I occasionally have to remind myself of, and it's hardly earth-shattering, but I suppose it still matters.

When I first started calling Greenwich football, I thought to myself, "I'm glad these games are on the air, but who is actually listening?"

The truth is, more people than I thought.

People have quoted me. That both overwhelms and frightens me (out of fear that I've said or done something ridiculous).

Anyway, I'm sure I'm trying to say something bigger here, but I'm too tired to figure out what that is.

Here's tonight's broadcast (it can be downloaded here):

No comments: