Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Blocked

My kind of wall: the original Yankee Stadium on the final day in 1973. (Found here)
When you try to write a blog post every day, you know that you're going to hit a wall.

Well here we are.

For the love of God, not THAT wall. Not the one that is -- literally -- dividing a nation.

Oh I suppose I have topics. But there's also a certain level of "not feeling it."

I could wax about the Patriots and Tom Brady and the Super Bowl and blah blah blah.

Nah.

I'll feel the Super Bowl vibe sometime Sunday, and likely not a second before.

I find that I'm talking baseball more than anything else right now.

That is, other than hockey and basketball, which I'll broadcast tomorrow when Greens Farms Academy visits Brunswick at 4:30 p.m. (find the broadcast here)

I've also got King and Brunswick on Friday. Basketball again.

I haven't called nearly enough hockey for my taste, but I'm just glad to be calling games.

It's what I do.

It's what I've trained, studied, and practiced to do.

I care about the quality. I care if I'm not good (and I normally think I'm not good). I agonize over it.

I don't try to be Vin Scully or Mel Allen or Mike Breen or Doc Emrick.

I'm just me.

And suddenly, I've just torn that wall down.

No comments: