Saturday, June 16, 2012

On This Father's Day

Sean and his Daddy, 8/23/05 - Yankee Stadium
Tomorrow is Father's Day.  We here around the Exit 55 home office wish all of the dads a happy and healthy day filled with love, laughs, and hugs.  Especially from their kids.

The other day I wrote about how much I don't like being a weekend dad, and I felt I should explain that a little further.  I love - LOVE - being a father.  February 23, 2002 was one of - if not the - best days of my life.  And that's where the sadness and dislike comes in.  I didn't become a father to do it part-time.  We had to do what was done, I guess.
 
I make the most of the time that I do have with him, and everyone tells me how they can see that Sean and I are very close.  I'm so very proud of him, and I know he loves his time with me.

I'm not sure I'm making myself clear on this, but it will have to do.

Happy Father's Day to all.

No comments: