Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adios 2008

So happy blah blah blah.

Whatever. It's another day...and maybe I won't even work.

I've been working since about five this morning, which largely makes me feel like an awful father. I'm not, but I still feel guilty.

It was really a work day, but did I really have to do roughly 14 hours or so of work?

The answer, unfortunately, is yes.

Such is life.

The damn weather didn't help - snow, ice, yuck. I couldn't get the car out of the driveway. To top it off, it looks like 2009 is beginning the same way I spent much of December 2008 - sick.

Enough!

I'll spare you the 2008 recap. You know what happened, and we're all better served to just keep moving forward.

WGCH's hockey coverage begins Friday, with our pregame show at 5:05 PM. Sean Kilkelly will run things from the corner of Lewis and Mason Streets, while Nick Fox reports from between the benches. John Spang and I will be at the mics to call Greenwich and Darien. Hard to believe I'm beginning my 11th season.

Talk to you on the radio then.

Three things to look forward to on 1/1/09 - plenty of college bowl games, the Winter Classic, and the debut of the Major League Baseball Network. They're kicking off
with the first rebroadcast of Don Larsen's perfect game, played on October 8, 1956.

Be safe, and may we all find good things to say about 2009.

No comments: