Sunday, December 21, 2008

OK, Enough With The Snow!

Roughly a foot of snow fell in the Putnam County area since midday Friday. My back has had enough. Shoveling...pushing the snow blower...sweeping...scraping...cleaning the cars.

Enough!

More and more, I realize how much I could presumably embrace being a snow bird. Maybe a nice place on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Yeah, right.

I got to watch some football today, and I'm reminded of this. All you have to do is see the games in Foxborough (or Foxboro) and Seattle to know what I mean.

Thanks to CBS and the NFL for their idiotic TV contract. Because of that, I didn't have to watch the Steelers look like garbage against the Titans. The better team won, so now the Steelers will gear up for the playoffs.

Oh, I just saw video of the Titans stomping on Terrible Towels. Bush league, but to the victor goes the spoils.

Further thanks to CBS for putting Gus Johnson on the Jets/Seahawks game. If you haven't heard, GuJo is a tad excitable. He's big with the college crowd; not so much with those of us who are more, say, traditional.

I'll give him this - he sounds like he loves his job. That's good.

OK, so back to the snow. We all know I'm no kid anymore, but I still kind of have a kid's heart. At least I think I do. Sometimes.

So snow plus icy driveway with a hill plus six year-old precocious son plus a sled equals SHOWTIME! I couldn't resist the chance to ride with him. We laughed pretty much non-stop for each trip down, but we saved the best for last, landing in the bushes at the bottom of the driveway, and unleashing what Sean called "and avalanche."

Snow...all over me. I saw what I would look like with white hair.

My cheeks hurt from laughing.

I wanted to embed this right here, but the YouTube Grinch won't allow me to. So here's a link. It was all I could think of as we were out there.

People let me tell you about my best friend...

No comments: