Saturday, December 06, 2008

Hey Did You Hear the One About the Locked Equipment?

This is not a joke. I swear.

Tim Parry just sent a text a few minutes ago to say that there is a "bus malfunction." OK, that happens. But wait! There's more!

The equipment is trapped inside. Literally.

I just heard Matt Levine say so on WSTC/WNLK.

(sigh.)

Matt and I exchanged messages earlier, and I he told me that this would be his first state championship game call in Connecticut. He had called a Louisiana state championship game (in the freakin' Superdome). But as he and Zach Eastright both offered, neither has anywhere to be, so they'll wait for this one to get going.

I'm sick right now (damn cold) so it looks like I'll be waiting as well for this one.

Or I'll go out. We'll see.

By the way, the Army-Navy game is one and, as this writing, the Midshipman are destroying the Black Knights, 24-0. But more troubling to me are the uniforms being worn by the West Pointers. What the hell are those things? They include camouflage pants, helmets, and uniform numbers. If that isn't enough, the back of their jerseys don't say their name. Oh no. They say "Duty, Honor, Country."

What the deuce?

Oh, and leave it to TP (that's Tim Parry, folks) to lend his thoughts about the shoddy field situation for Connecticut championships.

No comments: