Saturday, December 06, 2008

Big Mac Attack, Again

I didn't know about this. Apparently, from the Stuck in the 80's guys, Fleetwood Mac is reuniting for a tour.

I'm not a huge fan, but I like them. Rumours is one of the great albums ever, and one that I appreciate more than I did when I was a kid. The songs mean even more to me now.

If you haven't figured out why, you're just not paying attention.

Yet I'll drop the fly in the Big Mac. If Christine McVie isn't on board, then it doesn't count. It's got to be the full, great Fleetwood Mac for me to care. Just give me the prime-time lineup. It's not like I'm asking Peter Green and Bob Welch to return.

To me, it's like the Van Halen reunion. Close...but no cigar.

Besides, Christine McVie is, to me, one of the all-time great female voices in the history of rock (and pop, I guess). The woman could sing the alphabet to me and I'd be happy. I know most of you enjoy the offerings of Stevie Nicks, and she is great, but I just enjoy McVie's voice more.

Besides, her maiden name is Perfect.

No comments: