Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Christmas Card


In lieu of sending out Christmas cards, I decided that I would send an email to the many people who have touched my life in one way or another. Inevitably, I'm sure I left somebody out because I either don't have their email address or just overlooked them.

So with that in mind, I'm posting the text of the email here.

Hi all,

It's another crazy holiday season, and I don't quite have a Christmas card routine set just yet, so I'm hoping that you'll indulge me by accepting this email and know that I'm thinking of you. I've attached Sean's most recent school picture for you to marvel at and make the realization that yes, indeed, my little boy is almost seven and getting bigger every day.

Sean and I hope that you each have a joyous holiday season. We also hope we can continue to be a part of your lives in the same way that you've enriched ours. So many of you have been so good to both of us as we've accepted life's ups and downs and continue to move forward. Words cannot describe the gratitude that I have. We look forward to moving into many happier days.

So from both of us, may you have the merriest of Christmases, the happiest of holidays, and peace in 2009.

- Rob


Maybe it's the music I've been listening to for the past four hours or so. Maybe I'm just touched by the season. Maybe I'm a softy at heart.

True...true...and true.

(Oh, and I'm sure some copyright precludes me from posting Sean's picture. I'll apologize in advance.)

Friends and acquaintances, you've each been such a big part of my life, and this silly ol' blogaroonie. I say to you, from the bottom of my heart, many thanks for reading and listening. Beyond the friends and blood relatives, where would I be, for instance, without my Cardinals family? What about the Renegades? I'm not sure you realize what a godsend that was for me. And my Yankees family (the people I sat with, not the team, per se).

You get the idea.

Merry Christmas, may God (or whoever you choose) bless you, and may we see peace in 2009 (I know, we still have a week to go). I have such high hopes (Frank Sinatra, 1959) for me, Sean, and our world in the future. I hope we all find prosperity, good health, and that our brave men and women overseas come home safe.

No comments: