Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hello 2009

So that's that. Thrilling, wasn't it?

Boring.

I used to think Guy Lombardo was lame, but pick your poison - Carson Daly or Ryan Seacrest?

I'll wait.

No I won't.

Hmmm...I feel so different. Just like I did back on 11/22, when I turned 40.

That, dear readers, is sass. I'm sassing you.

By the way, my new year begins April 6 at 3:05 PM. That's when CC Sasbathia is scheduled to throw the first pitch of the Yankees' 2009 season. I'm always happy when baseball season kicks off (albeit manufactured now by ESPN), but to me, all is right when the Yankees open.

Ten days later, the new Stadium opens. I'm scheduled to attend the second regular season game. We'll see.

OK, back to the "Honeymooners" marathon. Despite the old themes and the black and white picture, it still holds up as being one of the funniest shows ever. I can still hear my dad in the voice of Jackie Gleason's Ralph.

Gotta go...Ed Norton is sleepwalking.

No comments: