Saturday, August 08, 2020

Posting Early

Dunkin Donuts -- NY Route 52, Fishkill, NY
The day often gets away from me and I wind up posting later on.

Sometimes, I'm up against the time to hit "Publish" and stick to one post per day.

With plans later on, I don't know if I want to take the risk, so here we are. There will no brilliance in this post. It could almost be a continuation of last night.

My God, but Facebook Junior High Schools' doors were wide open again. I'm seriously too old for that nonsense.

So, here I am today, feeling bad for friends and loved ones still without power (shame on who or what has allowed this to happen). Seriously, I've been fighting guilt, while feeling fortunate to have power AND internet (not one and the same).

I'd certainly love to jump in my car and run away but COVID-19 (is it OK if I talk about that here?) has taken many of those options away. Sure, I can go anywhere I want in several states, but I can't go see my North Carolina family, as I have every year since 2014. I can't quarantine for two weeks. It's not an possible for me.

To that end, Sean and I have bounced a few ideas around but it's all easier said than done under life's current circumstances.

No point in talking any further about COVID, as the sign says in the picture. I have to admit I laughed at it, and I guess it's their right to enforce thought control in their business. It still made me laugh.

To that end (last point), how in the world can 250,000 people safely gather in South Dakota? Yes, I know, protests are OK and so on. But, still, is common sense truly dead?

The governor seems unfazed tweeting, "We've been 'Back to Normal' for over 3 months, and South Dakota is in a good spot."

Here in New York and Connecticut, we question safely returning to schools and playing sports (and debates rage) but 250K in Sturgis is cool? And, yes, for the clowns on the interwebs, I'd politely discuss that with those in South Dakota out of curiosity because I don't have the answers.

Not everything has to be a heated debate or lead to violence or, dare I say, deleting comments on said interwebs.

My first reaction can sometimes be great and I'm pretty good when it comes to judging first impressions. That being said, there are times when simply stepping away is the right course of action. So, I did this morning, and went out to clean my yard of the remnants of the tropical storm.

Breathe, Rob. Breathe.

So, before I shut down for today, here are a few other pictures of interest.


I love this. That's what signs on New York roads looked like many years ago. It can be found up in Dutchess County, on an old segment of NY Route 52 (the full current route goes from Carmel to Narrowsburg -- Hi, Shawn!).


Those, dear reader, are chicken and waffles nachos from Chicken Coop in Baldwin Place, NY. It's maple bacon (!) chicken pieces with slices of waffles and cheddar cheese. Yes, really! (There were also scallions, but that's not happening with me)

There are no nacho chips. No Tostitos to be found!

There were heavy and gooey and fantastic and might be better suited for earlier in the evening, as opposed to making sure there's enough antacid for the middle of the night.

Anyway, I've prattled on enough. Enjoy your Saturday.

I'm going to try to do the same.

No comments: