Thursday, August 27, 2020

Nah. Not Tonight.

The Mets depart the field

Once in a while, we hit a wall.

I'm there tonight.

We know what happened yesterday, first with the NBA, followed by several baseball games as well as several individual players.

Today, a few more baseball games were added, as well as the NHL postponing the playoffs for two nights. The NBA is also taking tonight off.

The Mets took the field at Citi Field as if the game was starting. However, no pitcher had warmed up. No lineups were exchanged. The teams (the Marlins were the opponent) stood in silence for 42 seconds before the teams tipped caps to one another, left a Black Lives Matter t-shirt on home plate, and left.

No game.

My respect to one and all, led by Dominic Smith of the Mets, who poured his heart out in a press conference on Wednesday night.

I don't have answers. I tried to address it all on Doubleheader today. I wish it had gone better but I'm not the smartest person in the room.

We remain incapable of conversations. Last night on my Facebook page proved it.

I'm going to take the rest of the night off and continue to think about everything that I'm watching.

I have nothing profound tonight, but do I ever?

See you tomorrow.

No comments: