Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve Eve

800px-merry_christmas_1
It’s 11:37 PM on December 23rd (Festivus) and the Steelers have just finished demoralizing the Panthers, 27-3.  The Rangers lost earlier tonight in a wonderfully exciting shootout (still don’t like it) but it’s December.  Lots of hockey to be played.

That leads us to Christmas.

I’m not sure I will be near here tomorrow, and I’ll be out of town over the weekend, so I figure now is the best time to wish all of you who are so kind to visit me here a Merry Christmas.

You might not believe it when I say this, but I feel blessed.  Despite everything (well documented), I have a wonderful girlfriend, a great son, a loving family, and a great population of friends.  Not everyone who reads “Exit 55” is a friend but I feel blessed to have you on board as well.

My wishes are simplistic.  Peace.  Love.  Understanding (I sound like Elvis Costello, no?).  Selfishly, I have a few things that I want also, and you likely know what those are, but I think it can be whittled down to simply being happy – consistently.

At this time of year, we pause to think of those defending us around the globe.  We think of those less fortunate.  Yet that should also happen as often as possible.

I also think of getting to know Matt Brown and his dad, Mike.  Despite the circumstances of a crazy 2010, I hope they have the most amazing Christmas and, based on Mike’s response to me earlier today (via Facebook), I think they will.  Their attitude and upbeat enthusiasm is contagious.

On behalf of all of us here at “Exit 55” – which, in reality, is me (and Sean…and anyone else that wants to attach their name) – Merry Christmas to all of you.

No comments: