Friday, September 10, 2010

We Remember - Now NINE Years Later


Tomorrow is September 11th.  I don't think I need to say much more.  Ahead of the ninth anniversary of that really bad day, we pause here at "Exit 55", as we will tomorrow also, to pay our respects to the lives lost.

This what I wrote in 2008, along with the September 11th Sound Montage that I assembled several years ago.  Not for the weak of heart but I still believe in listening to it every year because it reminds me of it all, and I don't ever want to forget.

I also wrote things in 2007 and 2006.  They don't quite hold the water that they used to because MY life has changed so much since then (especially 2007, when I was still working on my crumbling marriage).  I suppose the 2006 one is relevant because it is a reprint of what I wrote in early 2002, as a journal for Sean to read one day.

Of course, your mileage may vary.  What doesn't vary is that, once again, we send our thoughts along to those who lost someone, and of course, we remember that we ALL lost something that day.

Peace to all on September 11th.

No comments: