Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Hockey Links

doncherry

Don “Grapes” Cherry has nothing to do with links.  But he’s “Grapes” and he is hockey, so that’s good enough!

I can see the work of Mike Hume at ESPN New York is going to be vital for me during hockey season.  So far he seems to be a go-to place for the latest about the New York hockey teams.  Of course, I’m always open to suggestions if you have a blog or site that gives great info to keep you in the loop.  I’m probably more excited about this season than I have ever been before!

Anyway, anytime your headline is “Rangers trim roster, cut Hobbit Wizard” there’s a good chance I will read it.  Also included in there is a link to an article by Larry Brooks, one of the few good things about the New York Post.  We all know Wade Redden earned his walking papers to Hartford, but Larry gives it the extra oomph!

From the Triangle Business Journal (via John Ourand from Sports Business Journal) comes this article on how the NHL might actually break new ground (imagine that – being a leader!).  The league might look to allow streaming of local games to mobile devices.  Cool idea, for sure.

Staying on the hockey theme, Versus has a new promo running for their 2010-2011 broadcast season.  Three words: More Doc Emrick!  Don’t get me wrong, Rangers fans.  I love Sam Rosen but Doc is in another stratosphere.  He is an all-timer.

Getting mighty pumped up for this season!

No comments: