Sunday, January 11, 2009

This is Not a Drill


OK, so Big Ben didn't know it was a fire drill. That's OK.

Today, it's a real game. The playoffs. If the 'Burghers can win, then they host the AFC Championship game at Heinz Field next weekend against the Ravens, and if you haven't noticed, the Stillers haven't exactly excelled when the title game is played at home.

In fact, they have yet to win the AFC Championship at Heinz Field.

Yesterday's lousy weather (overrated as it was) assured me that I could watch all of the action. The early game was OK, and could have gone either way (penalties and turnovers will kill you every time), while the latter game was a redonkulous mess. Your Arizona Cardinals MVP is Jake Delhomme!

Good luck to the G-men and Eagles in the early game. May the best team win.

OK, I've had enough of the snow. We (Sean and I) shoveled and plowed our way out, and were beginning to walk to the local bagel joint for breakfast (my car's brakes are done) when we heard a car struggling to get out of a nearby driveway. I just couldn't walk away from it, so I went down and worked to push him out (essentially shoveling that driveway also).

No before you fit me for a heroes laurels...please don't. That's not my point. My point is I'm done with the snow!

Just another obstacle on the highway of life, eh?

1 comment:

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

I liked your use of the word 'redunkulous.' I am a big fan of the word 'ricoculous.

Most importantly, though, I am just glad you are updating more.