Sunday, January 04, 2009

Two Good Nights, Two Great Times

Last night was the opener on WGCH for Greenwich Cardinals ice hockey, and the Cardinals and the Blue Wave of Darien gave us a great start, as they played to a 2-2 tie.

(I hate ties...just in case you were curious)

Yet after the game (another stressful affair for the engineer/play-by-play announcer), we relaxed by indulging in the delight of the Hubba in Port Chester.

Steak and cheese with chili and chili cheese fries, plus Hubba water. Perfect.

Just as good was the company, with Sean Kilkelly, Nick Fox and Rob Crowley joining me (John Spang did the honorable thing and stayed away due to a new diet). It felt like old times, devouring the grub and talking sports.

It felt like what WGCH Sports should feel like.

Tonight, I went and met up with Section Five buds Kelly, Mick, Steve, and Eddie (and assorted family members and loved ones) for some dinner (Iron Horse Grill in Westwood, NJ...pretty darn good) and games and laughs back at Steve and Brenda's house, where the kids were adorable (Jack - two years old - reminded me of what a great age that is) and the laughs were plentiful.

Thanks to all of these great people for some much-needed sanity in a world that seems to want to come apart at the seams. They're all part of a large group helping to make me keep moving forward, and give me both a reality check and a safe haven.

2 comments:

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

Great times, indeed!

I just wish you would update more!

Rob Adams said...

You're just trying to incite me!