Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Promised Land


Oh, please please please let the concert gods bless me with a couple of ducats to see the one and only (and arguably, rock and roll's lone savior) Mr. Bruce Springsteen and legendary E Street Band this year.

The first batch of tour dates are on this page. I don't care if I have to go to Boston, Hartford, Albany, the Nassau Mausoleum, the Brendan Byrne-Continental Airline-Izod-Meadowlands Arena, Philly, DC, the 'Burgh...whatever. Just let me get tickets that won't cost me my life's savings (which, trust me, isn't much).

There's so much garbage out there. So many godawful bands that have no substance to go with their pathetic style. Too much dreadful music.

So Bruce, take me to The Promised Land (from Darkness on the Edge of Town, 1978, track six). I am sooo overdue.

Oh, and I think Bruce is playing somewhere in Florida this weekend. Can't remember where or when, but I heard a rumor. Something about a football game...

No comments: