Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Top 10 Worst Sportscasters

Fortunately, I'm not one of them. That's a start. Then again, Will Leitch has probably never heard of me. The czar of Deadspin offers his top 10 worst sportscasters (more specifically, play-by-play voices and analysts). I can't say I disagree, though I like Clyde Frazier.

My question though is the following: How did either John Sterling or Suzyn Waldman not get a mention. Normally the Yankees' radio duo gets an automatic demerit just for breathing.

2 comments:

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

He may be a nice guy and he probably isn't well-known outside of the tri-state area. But Chico Resch is A-W-F-U-L!

Rob Adams said...

Oh I think we could go nuts breaking down the non-network guys. There are too many to list.

I'm sure you get my point. There are announcers - both male and female who are so painfully bad that you can't help but wonder how they got their jobs? Who do they know? How do they keep it?