Friday, September 18, 2020

Off The Bench is Back

RIP, RBG

Let's do some various and sundry.

There's literally nothing I can say to enhance the legend that is Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It's sad that the news broke barely two hours ago and there's more about who will replace Justice Ginsburg and not about her life and legacy.

She's an icon and worthy of the praise. I admired her.

Can we not celebrate her tonight?

(I removed the part where I lost my marbles on this topic. Nope, just not worth it. I stupidly posted on Twitter. You can all fight about this stuff.)

My common sense ideas are stupid, as is the concept of trying to talk politics. It's a waste of time.

*****
Hey, didn't you used to be Yankees/Red Sox?

Of course, NYY was hitting the ball all over the place until they went up against the Sox, who have been dreadful. Can't explain baseball, right?

(Though it's much closer than it was when I started typing)

*****
Joe Buck was named the winner of the Pete Rozelle Award, presented by the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

You might know that Buck was the youngest national announcer to take a full slate of NFL games.

And he's going to remain that way. Buck got where he is because he was in the right place, as Jack Buck's son. After that, he worked hard and earned his keep.

The public hates him for a variety of reasons. His bosses, most media critics, and his colleagues love him.

I've never heard a bad professional story about Joe Buck. There's no diva behavior. He won people over in press boxes all around sports.

I'm not sure how this is so hard to understand. Don't have others talking about you before you've even gone to college, I guess. Seems simple.

*****
Back to baseball tomorrow, which I think is where I need to be. I'm just going to call baseball.

I'll be on the call of Fairfield National/Hamden at 1 p.m. in Milford, CT.

*****
Thank you, Justice Ginsburg, for your grace.

No comments: