Wednesday, September 09, 2020

Another One of Those Nights

A little baseball after a family dinner

I guess I'm tapped out on words.

I'm yawning up a storm.

Up around 7 and I was simply a tornado of activity from the moment I woke up.

Clean this, throw out that, mow this and so on.

Now, I have family with me which makes the house less quiet.

Monday and Tuesday nights were just too quiet. It felt like she as back in the hospital or the nursing home and that's exactly the problem.

As it is, I haven't exactly dealt with the the emotions of it all.

We're going to celebrate mom tomorrow.

Damn right we are. We need to laugh and I suppose we need to cry as well.

I'm planning to speak. Would you expect anything less? Would she have it any other way?

I say no.

I've been debating what to say since last Friday. Should I script it? Should I do an outline? Should I wing it?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

But, once I that this laptop off of my lap, I'm going to settle down.

Something I haven't done a lot of today.

No comments: