Saturday, September 19, 2020

I Forgot

This looks comfortable (Marriott.com)

 I often think of blog topics in the morning and, occasionally, I'll sit down and write them.

That did not work today.

I know I had ideas but then I went and called baseball and did some other stuff before finally sitting down to write what today's post.

I totally forgot all of the ideas I had in mind.

So here we are, which I suppose is just as well because I have to get up and head right back out to Milford, CT to call more baseball.

I enjoy traveling as a play-by-play announcer. Many hate the travel but I feed off it.

Except driving roughly 90 minutes each way can be a drag.

I'd be thrilled to be tucked into a hotel somewhere tonight, having grabbed some dinner and reading a few notes before calling it a night. Maybe there would be a pool to jump into.

Then the drive the next day would be short.

It's rare I get those kinds of moments. I was given a hotel room a few times during the HAN Network days. I stayed in Shelton, Norwalk, Meriden, and Groton for one broadcast or another (to go along with Vermont and Boston).

I loved it.

I've stayed in Syracuse and Naples, FL and Cherry Hill, NJ.

And Aberdeen, MD.

And maybe other places I'm not remembering.

Even nicer is when the booth is set up and all I have to do it turn on the power. The folks with Trumbull Babe Ruth were kind to let me keep things as is each night. Then I'd go to my sisters place and sleep.

Even if it was on a couch or an air mattress it was still pretty blissful.

Anyway, I'm home tonight.

I'll be back in Milford tomorrow. Air time is supposed to be Noon but today's game started nearly 15 minutes early. I'd suggest you keep an eye on the Twitter accounts of me, Robcasting, and Shawn Sailer for more. We'd hate to see you miss any action.

Back on the road in the morning.

Maybe I'll remember what I wanted to write by then.

Oh and Blogger has officially taken away the "legacy" interface so I am considering abandoning this platform and fully integrate a WordPress site. Anyone want to help me design it? Inquire within.

No comments: