Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Liz

Liz (Courtesy of her Facebook page)
I'm saddened to say another former colleague has left us. Elizabeth Kopyscinski's family announced that she had advanced Alzheimer's disease a little over month ago, and word came down earlier today that she has died. Though I have no further details, that doesn't take away from the sadness that my WGCH colleagues and I are feeling today.

I knew Liz for probably a decade, if not more. She was dedicated to WGCH and always cared so much about the quality of what we produced. We had more than a few conversations about that, and few people were more supportive of the work I did.

She had a wonderful laugh and wit, along with being the very epitome of class and grace. She loved Greenwich, specifically Old Greenwich, and her clients repaid that love by supporting her. If Liz wanted you to sponsor something, chances are it was going to happen simply because of her.

I hadn't seen her in about a year, though she had started splitting time between North Carolina and Greenwich, so it was always a nice surprise to see her sitting at her desk.

So, again, we mourn, sending along our love and best wishes to her family.




No comments: