Friday, June 21, 2019

Broadcast Alert (NOTE!)


I'm very pleased to say Robcasting Radio will be back in action tomorrow at Unity Park in Trumbull, as Fairfield American Little League (FALL) plays Westport.

Game time is 2 p.m and I'll have the call. Shawn Sailer will also be along.

However, please take note! 

Mixlr -- our trusted broadcast provider -- is having issues with service as we speak. While they're describing it as "Intermittent Issues," I'm describing it as "I can't log in."

So if I can fire up Mixlr tomorrow, then the broadcast will air online at http://mixlr.com/robcasting-radio and on the Mixlr app. Just search for Robcasting Radio.

However, if Mixlr does not work, I will put the broadcast on YouTube's Robcasting channel (following the link or search Robcasting on YouTube).

Please follow me on Twitter at double5 (and at RobcastingRadio) for updates. I'll also tag FALL_news and District 2 Little League.

We'll do our best to make sure everything goes off without a hitch. Some things, sadly, are out of my control (such as Mixlr and internet problems).

*****
While we're talking, a shout out to fellow play-by-play announcer Michael Kay tonight. Michael is having issues with his voice to the point that his YES Network colleagues are doing all of the commercial reads. Paul O'Neill jokingly said that if any other Yankees homered tonight, that he'd take over the play-by-play.

You'd think that YES could get somebody to relieve him, and goodness knows I'm a mere 50 miles away!

Seriously, I've been there. I once had a really bad night with a cold during the HAN days when I was calling game after game. I know I handed to reigns off to John Kovach and Chris Kaelin a few times, and I stood nearby.

Trust me: I didn't like it, but I knew it was the right thing to do. It gave my voice a break, but it also gave JK and Kato some reps on play-by-play.

Kato was with me another time, back on WGCH, in Middletown for a Greenwich/Xavier hockey game (yes, that would make me The VOICE of Greenwich Hockey!). I felt my voice failing late in the first period and, sure enough, things were bad for the latter two. I pulled myself through it and survived, but it wasn't fun. The higher register in my voice was gone, and I had to call things at a lower volume.

So while I'm babbling here, I understand what Michael Kay is dealing with tonight.

Oh, last note: part of my North Carolina family is there tonight. With a Gary Sanchez home run, they're happy at the moment.

*****
So -- again -- aim to listen to Mixlr tomorrow, but be prepared for YouTube as a backup for FALL/Westport. Game time is 2 p.m.

No comments: