Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Football This Weekend


I'm pleased to say I'll be back behind the mic calling football this weekend.

On Friday, Robcasting Radio is joining forces with TEN -- The Trumbull Eagles Network. Jeff Alterman asked me to help him get TEN started, and they'll debut officially this Friday with the Black and Gold Spring Football Game at McDougall Stadium.

You might recall that I went to Trumbull back in February to call an Eagles/Fairfield Warde girls basketball game. The purpose of that was to show Jeff just how easy it was to start an internet radio station.

As I wrote at the time: "It's about having fun on the air and building things."

And now you know.

Air time is 6:10 Friday night with the X's and Petroccio's Coach's Show. Then Paul Silverfarb and I have the call of the Black and Gold.

Hmm...Paul and I working at McDougall to kick off a new radio outlet. Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, we called the FCIAC Championship in 2013 between New Canaan and St. Joseph in the first game broadcast on what was then known as Hersam Acorn Radio (with Chris Kaelin on the sideline).

Friday's game will air on TEN, Trumbull Football, and Robcasting.

*****
Before I get to Saturday at Greenwich, this is a reminder that tonight is The Clubhouse at Grand Prix New York in Mount Kisco. Airtime is 7 p.m. It is -- for now -- the final Clubhouse show to air on WGCH, but it is NOT the final Clubhouse show. You can probably guess the rest of that statement, but we'll follow up with further details.

*****
That brings us to Saturday. I'll be back at Cardinal Stadium (as I said Monday night) for the Red and White game. After chatting with Greenwich AD Gus Lindine and head football coach John Marinelli, I will call the game from the field.

Yes. That's correct.

The press box is off-limits. The only open set of bleachers doesn't have power available. So I will access power on the field, set up a table with my equipment, and (as of now) use a wireless microphone to call the play at field level.

I'll make it work because that's what we do. I'm grateful to Gus and Coach Marinelli for allowing me to do this. Plus I'll work near my friend DJ Furano, who will be getting shots of the game via drone. So I think we have a chance to do something unusual and hopefully cool.

We'll see if I come up with a partner. Otherwise, I'll work solo (some in the quickly-becoming-infamous Facebook Play-by-Play group thinks football shouldn't be called solo. I think otherwise.)

Game time is 5:00. We'll start the broadcast right around 4:55.

Listen to the broadcast on Robcasting.

Robcasting Radio is on Mixlr

No comments: