Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Is There Anybody ALIVE Out There?

Here we are - early July. Ugh. It's a blazing 103 degrees in NYC and the metro area.

Is it August yet? I'm serious, this freaking month can't get over fast enough for me.

Sports is boring me. In fact, is anything being played? I hear some talk of a basketball player and his made-for-TV contract signing. Again, ugh.

Baseball? All-Star games and such. Pennant races will heat up in August. I still haven't been to a Yankees game - the longest I've gone since 1997, I think. Maybe even longer. At this point, I doubt I'm going to one.

*sigh*

Right now, I'll take the minor leagues. I'm likely going to Scranton on Sunday for another edition of "Breakfast and Baseball." Nothing like some Waffle House and the true National Pastime! I don't even know when my next Renegades broadcast is.

Anything else going on? Some big event somewhere, I'm sure.

Come on, name me the players who played the long match at Wimbledon!? I enjoy tennis, and can name the players in question, but that's part of the gig. At this point, most Americans have forgotten that and other recent events and have re-focused on "Dancing With the Stars" or some other drivel.

Rugby, maybe? Australian Rules football? Can it be DVR'd? I like to catch some sleep and, believe it or not, I have a life! But hey, with the proper fans around me, and maybe a team to give a whack about, maybe. Just maybe.

Believe it or not, alcohol does NOT cure all woes. Annoying sports and fans are still annoying with drinks. Maybe even MORE annoying.

Perhaps, dare I say...WRESTLING? Um. Let me think it about it no. I leave that to Mr. Sean Kilkelly, who actually makes it legitimate entertainment and less about meatheaded behavior. Thankfully he calls it as he sees it.

I'm getting ready for the playoff chase in baseball. I'm ready for the NFL (no, not training camp, and the Favre watch, and godawful preseason games). Have to admit, I have no idea what the Steelers will be like. I'm ready for high school football (albeit without the FCIAC Football Blog, but maybe Mr. Parry will come post some things here - just putting it out there).

Oh, and we have to give some thought to the future of the Bill Gonillo Five. I'm intrigued but don't know if I have the time to do it. It's a thought though.

That's enough for now, I suppose. I have a show to do. You might have heard of it - "The Press Box", live across the country and around the world at 2:00 Eastern every day on the Lifestyle Talk Radio Network.

No comments: