Thursday, April 23, 2009

Keep Spreading the Word!

"The Press Box" has been grinding along nicely for about a month now. We're building our guest list with names both familiar and perhaps unfamiliar (though those of you who read the blogarooski know all of the peeps).

I'm looking forward to Mark Rosen joining me tomorrow to discuss the NFL draft, and Jeff Pearlman will be on with me next Monday. Mark Vancil, who wrote books in regard to the "old" Yankee Stadium, is also going to come aboard, and more guests will follow.

Tommy Dee joined me this past Monday and helped talk about the NBA and more. He wrote about it on his blog.

Sean Kilkelly is always nice enough to promote the show on his blog.

Many people are supporting the show because they believe in it (and me, I hope) and know that it's a two-way street. An old friend from high school that I haven't spoken to in 20 years (and didn't even know he was interested) has always wanted to be in sports broadcasting, so we're talking about giving it a try. Why not?

What I'm getting is that we're trying to build this whole thing, so tell your friends (and even your enemies) to go listen to sports talk that allows you to drive the bus. We're also building up a list of reporters who can get us regional news and notes as needed (I'm close to having people in Florida, Chicago, the West Coast, and of course Hawaii!).

So tune your radio (if your in one of our markets) or your web browser to "The Press Box" for the newest voice in sports talk.

No comments: