Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Frivolous Tuesday Morning Links

The occasional batch of road-related things come up from time to time. The New York Times did a nice piece on the Merritt Parkway, which I have driven so many times but have never photographed. Guess I should fix that.

Speaking of which, I have a lot of road photos to upload. One day soon, when time allows. When I do, you'll find them here. The main page is here, and I just added pics and a video of the Opening Day ceremonies for 2009 Carmel Sports Authority baseball. As I've mentioned before, we're the Phillies, and we're ready to take on the world.

Wait, what do you mean we don't keep score? Oh, never mind then.

Staying on that road/roadside/Americana theme, it feels like The Flintstones have kind of been forgotten of late. Well Roadside America steps up with details of two still-surviving Flintstones sites, one in South Dakota and the other in Arizona.

I'm feeling the bug to do some driving...guess that's what this "brave new world" that I'm living in will do to me. The loneliness gets a wee bit overwhelming sometimes.

No comments: