Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Try Again

 

Just before sunrise at Buc-ee's, Florence, SC, 3/19/24

Once again, the sun came up.

Once again, I pulled myself out of bed, mostly because The Cat knocked a bottle of water flying at 6 a.m. and spilled all over my bedroom floor.

A perfect start to the day. All I could do was laugh.

Once again, I sit at my computer, answering questions and writing more nonsensical words.

Yes, friends, I expressed frustration yesterday. No, I was not in a good frame of mind. Even when I tried to get out of it, well, things happen.

In the process, priorities get rearranged and emotions get scrambled and soon I'm having a meltdown on "Doubleheader," and...

So I come here to this space to say some things. Of course, it's not a private world. These words -- useless as they are -- are open to scrutiny. 

That, of course, serves as a reminder that I should just stay quiet. But, as I can't afford therapy, well, there's that.

People mean well. 

For now, I'm still intending to broadcast games. I have football on Friday and Saturday. I'm going to prep for them.

Assuming I'm still needed.

Then I'm going to watch the Renegades in Game 2 of the SAL Championship.

As a fan.

So I can just laugh and relax. If the Gades win, I work tomorrow. 

We just keep moving forward.

Even when we take a step behind.

No comments: