Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thursday Night (Before) Football

 

5:39 a.m.: trying to work this morning. The Cat elected to sleep.

Sean is on his way here tonight. It's the second weekend in a row in which he has texted me to ask if he can come back to Greenwich.

As I've said before, this is his home. He's welcome here. I'm not one to turn away my son. He'll likely be here all weekend though we haven't set that in stone.

He's my son and I'm glad he can come here. Overall I make it comfortable for him. He's able to stay in his room, talk to his friends online and just do his thing. He can come and go as he pleases, though I feel bad that he has to trudge back up to the Hudson Valley for his new job now that baseball season is over for both of us.

As you probably know, I'm familiar with that drive.

*****

I stepped away from the computer for probably an hour as Sean showed up while I was typing. We said our hellos, shared some laughs, dealt with The Cat, and laughed some more. 

Then he disappeared into his room.

I've moved into my room and am going to slowly settle down.

These past two days have been standard insanity for me. I was asked to do a deposition that meant getting online at 3 a.m. on Wednesday. This morning, I worked one that started at 4 a.m. So, yeah, I'm a bit tired. I napped basically every chance I could because I didn't really sleep well at night. I set an alarm each night to get me up 15 minutes before I was due to be online.

Each night, I gave up on trying to sleep 15 minutes before the alarm. So, if you're scoring at home, that meant my Wednesday began at 2:30 a.m. because I finally stopped tossing and turning.

Oh, I expect no pity. This is standard operating procedure for me.

I marvel at the early risers (think Tony Savino on WGCH). In my case, sure, I was up in the dead of night but my commute was no more than six feet.

Unless you count the kitchen to make coffee. That's a longer walk.

So I don't think I'm making much sense as I type tonight.

Maybe I should just watch some football tonight but, oh yeah, that's on Amazon Prime and I don't have that. I've debated that cost and if I would be happy with it but have yet to cave in. I'm pretty good at listening to games via satellite radio so it's no great loss otherwise.

But, hopefully after a good night of sleep (ha) I will pull everything together for some Friday Night Lights. Chris and I head to Lancaster Field at Tiger Hollow in Ridgefield for the Cardinals and the Tigers.

I expect technical issues. Yes, I'm saying that up front. Some places just aren't good for cell service, which we rely on to get online.

As I've written, I've evolved into more of a "what can you do" approach to these situations. Flipping out doesn't work so I just stay low-key if I can.

Game time tomorrow is 7 p.m. The pregame show starts at 6:50 p.m. All of it on WGCH and Robcasting.

Then we shift over to Brunswick on Saturday for the Bruins and The Hun School. They kick off at 2 p.m. and any kind of pregame show will happen around 1:55 p.m.

Next week, the blog will move to San Francisco for a few days. And I'll step off a red eye in New York and be calling football a few hours later. 

Honestly, do you expect anything else from me?

No comments: