Friday, February 08, 2019

You Mad?

Hi.
Dear Ms. Honda CRV Driver,

Please let me first apologize for being in the middle lane on Interstate 95 south today in Stamford, CT. It was insensitive of me to be there, stuck in traffic, with the endless tree clearing that has been going on.

Then -- worse -- I let a truck come into our lane from the left lane. You see, I have this silly notion of being polite in such moments, and since my dad drove trucks, well I have a soft spot for them.

That's when you decided to go around me, via the right lane, where you cut me off.

Foolishly, I honked my horn, since it looked like we might crash. But you're right. I shouldn't have done that. It's your road, miss. You own it.

So you flipped me off as I drove past you. Not once. Not even twice. Ten times, maybe?

I've always wanted to be number one. What an honor!

I know you didn't like it when you saw me take the above photo, as you stuck your phone out the window in apparent retaliation, not realizing that I was taking a picture (while we were stopped, of course) of such a wonderful person.

I mean, you have to be famous since it's your road!

My concern is, why are you so mad? It's bad for your blood pressure. The delightful soul in your passenger seat seemed to laugh at all of it, just as I did.

Perhaps we could meet for a latte in Greenwich sometime? Maybe we could talk it all out? I mean, we should all be so lucky to be on your road!

I'll be more sensitive next time.

Go home tonight and hug someone. Maybe listen to some Pharrell Williams or something.

Take a walk. Read a book.

Life's too short.

The road and your rage will still be there tomorrow.

Love,
Rob


No comments: