Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Going Home and Time Is Running Out


I'm sitting inside the fieldhouse at Wilton High School.

It's late, and I might not be able to get this post out before midnight if I wait until I get home.

I did the FCIAC semifinals tonight in boys basketball, and they were so-so affairs.

Danbury beat Wilton (the host team) by 20.

Ridgefield beat Trumbull (the top seed) by seven, but the Tigers had it under control.

This building had 3,000 in it at one point, and the atmosphere was almost electric.

I was supposed to do Greenwich/Darien in the FCIAC hockey semis, but someone "bought" the broadcast, which means I'm out. Long story.

That's showbiz. So I've picked up Rye/Poughkeepsie basketball in the Section 1 Class A semis up in Poughkeepsie.

Though that will likely get snowed out.

But it's time to go home. They're closing this place up.

I'll be back here Thursday (on fairfield.live).


No comments: