Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Not Much Here Tonight

The glamorous life. My setup at Trumbull High School
I just got home from calling the FCIAC girls basketball semifinals.

The broadcasts went as well as could be expected. We found space in the Trumbull High School gym (shout out to athletic director Mike King for making it happen).

I dug into my bag of tricks and ran 100 foot of microphone cable to go from my setup to Keith, running the camera for Local Live (Fairfield.live). I taped down power so that nobody tripped.

I crawled under bleachers to get the mic cable out of the way.

This is basically what we do for every game. We just make it happen. There's no crew (most of the time) to do it for me. It's a labor of love. I did what I always do.

Then I ran my mouth for three hours or so.

I think it's unlikely to happen (bad weather is on the way), but we could do it again tomorrow for the FCIAC girls hockey semis.

I've got the call of the girls basketball final on Thursday between Norwalk and Trinity Catholic. The Bears of Norwalk High School have not lost this year. We'll see if Thursday is a coronation.

For what it's worth (that is, nothing), Thursday appears to be my 25th FCIAC championship game broadcast in all sports. Not sure if that's accurate, but it's cool anyway.

Beyond that, I don't have much to say tonight. With my Sirius XM radio gone (I can't afford it -- big shock, I know), I've fully dunked myself into the podcasting pool. I've got five on my mind that I'm immersing myself in. Perhaps that's a post for another night.

Further, I keep playing with the idea of doing one myself. Like the blog, I won't do it unless I can do it right. I have an idea for one that I like. That doesn't mean anyone else will. So it's to be continued.


No comments: