Tuesday, February 02, 2010

We Are The World That is Out of Original Ideas (With VIDEO)

I didn't think "We Are the World" was that great of a song to begin with (certainly nowhere near "Do They Know It's Christmas") but it was quite an effort with a fairly tremendous cast. Springsteen! Dylan! Hugh Anthony Cregg III! Ray Charles...Michael Jackson...Lionel Richie...Paul Simon...Hall and Oates...Billy Joel...and so on.

See for yourself (link here)


The song swept the Grammys (still don't know why) but I still find it fairly cringe-worthy when I hear it. Sooo...let's remake it with a collection of today's largely less-than-stellar artists!

Now before you get all pissy with me, I recognize that there are quite a few big names there, but jeez, could we have gotten Beyonce in the room? And do we really need to work Michael Jackson's voice into the new version?

Ladies and gentleman, meet overkill.

I'll be interested to see who gets to sing that magical line:
"But if you just believe, there's no way we can fall."

1 comment:

Georgia Road Geek said...

Your comments about the "less-than-stellar" cast for WATW 2010 are spot on!

Frankly, I think if you got a bunch of us together as "Roadgeeks For Haiti", we'd have more talent than that whole crew. :)