Monday, February 08, 2010

Quickie Update: The CarMax Spot

I wondered if this was the reason that I didn't see the CarMax ads.  I have friends that work for the used car super store in Richmond and was psyched that they had an ad that would run in the Super Bowl.  However, I never saw it, and we were pretty vigilant watching spots last night.  Yet I wondered if perhaps it was a regional ad.

The National Sports Journalism Center had the answer (via Darren Rovelle):
Company officials worked with CBS to buy four spots in each of the 48 local markets in which they sell their cars. The company was guaranteed that its four new spots would run during pregame, during the core of the game, at the end of the game and in the local news following the game.
Makes sense, and CarMax was able to get the spot inventory at a discount as a result.

No comments: